Through their education experience, MIT students develop a personal and intellectual identity that empowers them to serve as the next generation of creative thinkers and leaders in our global society.
The Office of the Dean for Undergraduate Education facilitates and supports MIT’s education mission by providing core services to students and faculty and fostering innovative approaches to teaching and learning. This includes:
- Delivering the essential capabilities of admissions, financial services, and registration
- Fostering student diversity at all educational levels
- Promoting student success through advising and mentoring, effective learning strategies, and other forms of support
- Partnering with faculty to enrich learning through educational innovation and online learning
- Encouraging hands-on, project-based learning, both inside and outside the classroom
- Providing and expanding global educational opportunities for students
- Supporting students as they explore career options and opportunities
The mission of the Office of Undergraduate Advising and Academic Programming (UAAP) is to provide excellent services and programs, to catalyze student exploration and access to opportunity, and to promote the academic success and personal development of undergraduates.
The UAAP serves as the first-year headquarters as well as a resource during the undergraduate years.
Staff members provide linkage to your academic advisor, associate advisor, and general academic information. In addition, staff can assist you with the development of skills and learning strategies and can provide individual advising on academic issues and undergraduate research involvement.