- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Athletic Center)
- The Lead: On Saturday morning at the duPont Athletic Center rifle range, the MIT rifle team dropped a 4355-4277 final to visiting John Jay. The Engineers also took on the Wentworth Club team on Saturday as the team recorded a season-high for total points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Overall on Saturday, the Engineers were tops in the small bore competition as they totaled 2,121 points compared to 2,110 for John Jay. In the air rifle portion of the event, it was John Jay with the advantage as the Bloodhounds held the 2,225-2,156 edge over MIT.
- The overall winner of the event individually was John Jay's Lily Graham with 1,124 points, including 558 in small bore and 566 in the air rifle segment.
- MIT senior Kelly Mathesius (Aurora, Ill.) paced the Engineers in second with 1,099 points, including second place in the small bore segment at 547. Senior Kevin Ng (Coral Springs, Fla.) was fourth overall with an aggregate score of 1,075, paced by 534 in small bore to finish third in that segment of the competition on Saturday.
- Junior Gregory Lee (Feura Bush, N.Y.) was sixth overall at 1,056, followed by freshman Dylan Modesitt (Belmont, Calif.) in seventh at 1,047 and junior William Caruso (Toms River, N.J.) in 10th with 1,020 points.
- MIT returns to action on November 12th and 13th as the Engineers take on the University of Sciences at home.