- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Athletic Center)
- The Lead: On Saturday afternoon at the duPont Athletic Center rifle range, the MIT rifle team dropped a 4,319-4,202 final to visiting University of Sciences.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the small bore competition, the Devils held a 2,162-2,080 advantage over the Engineers. In the air rifle portion, Sciences edged MIT 2,157-2,122.
- For MIT, senior Kelly Mathesius (Aurora, Ill.) placed third overall with 1,099 points as she was also third in small bore (550) and second in the air rifle segment (549). Senior Kevin Ng (Coral Springs, Fla.) was fifth overall at 1,051, including sixth in small bore at 518 and fourth in air rifle with 533 points.
- Freshman Dylan Modesitt (Belmont, Calif.) was sixth overall with 1,044 points as he placed seven in the small bore segment with 511 and fifth in air rifle at 533. Junior William Caruso (Toms River, N.J.) was the final top-10 finisher overall for MIT as he was seventh with a total of 1,029 points. He finished 10th in the small bore segment at 501, along with a seventh-place performance in the air rifle with 528 points. Junior Joel Solis (Brownsville, Texas) was ninth in the air rifle segment as well as he posted 524 points.
- MIT returns to action on November 13th as the Engineers take on the University of Sciences at home for a 9 a.m. start.