- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (duPont Athletic Center)
- The Lead: On Saturday afternoon at the duPont Athletic Center rifle range, the MIT rifle team defeated visiting Wentworth by a 2068-2009 final in air rifle competition.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Kelly Mathesius (Aurora, Ill.) won the event with 549 points, followed by Wentworth's Jake Hall at 530. MIT took places 3-6, led by junior William Caruso (Toms River, N.J.) in third at 522. Junior Alex Pacheco (Machesney Park, Ill.) finished in fourth at 518, along with freshman Dylan Modesitt (Belmont, Calif.) in fifth at 517 and freshman Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) in sixth with 509 points.
- Wentworth's Jack Manning and Stadnicki Connor took seventh and eighth with 501 and 495 points, respectively. MIT rounded out the top 10 as freshman Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) was ninth at 492 and freshman Elijah Miller (Shavertown, Pa.) finished 10th with 489 points.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, January 28th as the Engineers travel to the University of the Sciences for a Noon start.