- Location: Cambridge, Mass.
- The Lead: In the 2017-2018 season opener, the MIT rifle team dropped a 4,401-4,255 final to John Jay in the duPont Rifle Range on Saturday afternoon in MAC Conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Bloodhounds held a 2,154-2,116 advantage in smallbore on Saturday, along with a 2,247-2,139 margin in air rifle.
- Senior William Caruso (Toms River, N.J.) was the top performer for the Engineers as he was fourth overall with a score of 1,079. He posted a score of 523 in smallbore, along with a 556 in air rifle that fourth in that portion. Sophomore Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) placed fifth overall with 1,072 points, including a third-place showing in smallbore at 537.
- Sophomore Dylan Modesitt (Belmont, Calif.) was third for MIT and sixth overall with a score of 1,072 that included 527 in smallbore and 545 in air rifle. Senior David Bustillos (San Rafael, Calif.) was eighth overall at 1,071, posting a score of 523 in smallbore and 548 in air rifle (which had him seventh in that portion. Rounding out the top 10 was sophomore Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) with a score of 1,040 that included 529 in smallbore and 511 in air rifle.
- Lily Graham from John Jay was the top shooter today with a score of 1,141 which included 564 in smallbore and 577 in air rifle.
- MIT is back in action on Saturday, November 4th as the Engineers host John Jay for a 7 p.m. start at the duPont Rifle Range.