- Records: MIT (6-1); Lasell (1-5)
- Score: MIT 64, Lasell 49
- Location: Newton, Mass. (Lasell Athletic Center)
- The Lead: On Saturday afternoon, the MIT men's basketball team improved to 6-1 on the season with a convincing 64-49 road win over Lasell College at the Lasell Athletic Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT trailed 6-4 in the early going after a three from Tim Blair before a quick five-point run that included a corner three from junior AJ Jurko (Weston, Fla.) put the hosts up 11-6. The teams battled back and forth and with just over seven minutes left, Blair dropped in another three to tie the game at 21-21.
- Freshman Ian Hinkley (Raleigh, N.C.) made it a double-digit game early on in the second and the advantage swelled to 56-35 with 6:48 remaining after a Korb three-pointer from the corner. The Engineers, who held the Lasers to 23 points below their season scoring average, led by at least 15 points for the rest of the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hinkley was the top scorer among the starting lineup with 14 points on 4-for-6 shooting from three, while Korb had 14 points off the bench and Jurko added 10 points, six rebounds and six assists.
- For Lasell, Blair had 11 points on 4-for-13 shooting while Liam Jacobs added 11 points and six rebounds in 27 minutes off the bench.
- MIT shot 45.5 percent from the field and outscored the Lasers 33-18 from three-point land. The Lasers also held a 43-38 rebounding advantage as well, including 14-6 on the offensive glass.
- MIT is receiving 37 votes in the latest D3hoops.com National Top 25 Poll as the Engineers were also receiving votes in the preseason national rankings.
- MIT is back in action on Tuesday, December 7th as the Engineers travel to Emmanuel College for a non-conference matchup scheduled for a 7 p.m. tipoff.