- Event: Head of the Charles Regatta
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: The MIT's men's heavyweight Collegiate 8+ captured seventh place at the Head of the Charles on Sunday, marking its second straight top-10 finish. Earlier on Saturday, the Club 8+ finished 23rd.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Collegiate 8+:
- Battling 15-30 mile per hour headwinds and a field of 37 teams, MIT reached the first checkpoint in 3:53.364 and then passed the Weld Boathouse just over five minutes later. The Engineers crossed the third checkpoint with 13:47.502 on the clock before their last push helped them log a final time of 16:27.672, just one second shy of repeating their fourth-place performance from last year.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Club 8+:
- Racing in better conditions on Saturday, MIT quickly reached the midway point in a time of 9:17.648. However, the Engineers clashed oars with Holy Cross, crabbed, and couldn't recover during the last mile. As a result, MIT crossed the finish line in 17:05.896 to rank 23rd out of 36 teams.
- MIT travels to Lake Carnegie in Princeton, N.J. for the Princeton Chase on Sunday, Oct. 30.