- Event: Foot of the Charles
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: The MIT men's heavyweight crew team closed out the fall portion of its schedule by competing in the Foot of the Charles on Sunday. An event that features mostly four-man boats, the Engineers battled with regular foes Harvard and Boston University along with guest Brown University.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Racing in chilly conditions with a building head wind and good water, MIT's varsity "A" boat came in 21st place, up two spots from last year, with a time of 14:12.5. The Engineers' "B" entry was next in 24th place (14:27.7), followed by the "C" boat (27th – 14:59.2), and the novice "D" boat (30th – 17:17.4).
- MIT returns to the water on Saturday, March 25 when it hosts the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.