- Event: Donahue Cup
- Location: Lake Quinsigamond (Worcester, Mass.)
- The Lead: Racing on flat water under sunny skies with a 10 mile per hour headwind on Saturday, the MIT men's heavyweight Varsity 8 won the Donahue Cup for the third year in a row. In addition, the Engineers' 2V8 secured second place in a field of four teams.
HOW IT HAPPENED – V8:
- MIT had a strong start and led the race from the beginning. WPI put on a push around the 1,000-meter mark, but the Engineers contained the move and used a powerful finishing kick to gain open water. MIT recorded a time of 6:29.8 to clinch the victory, followed by WPI (6:33.18), Williams College (6:37.69), and the University of Rochester (6:59.52).
HOW IT HAPPENED – 2V8:
- In one of its best showings of the season, MIT was edged out by WPI by five seconds (6:54.89 – 6:59.61). The Engineers, however, posted comfortable wins over Williams (7:05. 16) and Rochester (7:27.11).
- MIT hosts Bates College on Saturday, April 22.