- Event: Donahue Cup
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Lake Quinsigamond)
- The Lead: The MIT men's heavyweight crew team swept the Varsity 8, Second Varsity 8, and Varsity 4+ races to capture its fourth straight Donahue Cup on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Competing in good conditions with flat water and a slight cross tailwind, the Engineers' Varsity 8 and Second Varsity 8 led their races from the start and finished with open water margins. MIT won the V8 in 6:01.8, followed by WPI (6:07.35) and Williams College (6:08.02). The Engineers' 2V8 crossed the finish line in 6:11.5 as WPI and Williams rounded out the field with times of 6:17.6 and 6:25.78, respectively.
- In the Varsity 4+ race, MIT trailed Connecticut College at the halfway mark. The Engineers then rode through the field to win by open water in 7:15.9. WPI finished 10.1 seconds later, followed by Connecticut College (7:33.97) and Williams (7:43.44).
- MIT will host Bates College on Saturday, April 21.