- Event: Biglin Bowl
- Location: Charles River (Cambridge, Mass.)
- The Lead: The MIT men's lightweight crew team hosted Harvard and Dartmouth in the Biglin Bowl on Saturday morning. The Engineers captured second place in the fours race and were third in the Varsity 8 and 2V8.
HOW IT HAPPENED – V8:
- MIT had a rough start but bounced back with a great middle 1,000 meters. Unfortunately it would not be enough as Harvard won in 6:29.9, followed by Dartmouth (6:39.9), and then the Engineers (6:45.2).
HOW IT HAPPENED – 2V8:
- The Cardinal and Gray had a very strong first 1,500 meters but Dartmouth put together a final sprint that saw it nip MIT at the finish line by two-tenths of a second (6:50.5 – 6:50.7). Harvard won the race by a comfortable 23-second margin.
HOW IT HAPPENED – 4+:
- Competing against a pair of Harvard boats, MIT had a strong first 1,000 meters but it could not sustain its lead during the second half of the race. As a result, the Engineers finished second with a time of 7:40.1. The Crimson, meanwhile, saw its entries cross the line seven seconds ahead and eight seconds behind MIT.
- MIT will travel to Overpeck County Park in Leonia, N.J. for the Geiger Cup on Saturday, April 22.