- Event: EARC Sprints
- Location: Lake Quinsigamond (Worcester, Mass.)
- The Lead: Battling cold, windy, and rainy conditions at the EARC Sprints on Sunday, the MIT men's lightweight crew team placed fourth in the Petite Finals of both the Varsity 8 and 2V8. Despite the rough weather, the Engineers had their best row of the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED – V8:
- MIT finished fifth in its Varsity 8 heat, which resulted in a spot in the Petite Final. In their second outing of the day, the Engineers took two seconds off their time from their morning race to finish fourth in 6:02.003. Navy captured the top spot (5:48.886), followed by Georgetown (5:49.602), and Dartmouth (5:55.984).
HOW IT HAPPENED – 2V8:
- MIT's fifth-place finish in its 2V8 heat put Tech in the Petite Final. The Engineers saw a nine-second improvement between races as they crossed the finish line in 6:12.246 to place fourth. Penn came away with the win (5:58.146), followed by Dartmouth (6:01.721), and Georgetown (6:05.544).
- MIT travels to Lake Natoma in Sacramento, Calif. for the three-day IRA National Championship beginning on Friday, June 2.