- Event: Head of the Charles Regatta
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: In the first of two events during the fall season, the MIT men's lightweight crew team made its 2017 debut at the Head of the Charles on Sunday afternoon. The Lightweight 8+ placed 12th while the Lightweight 4+ was 15th.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Lightweight 8+:
- In a field of 16 teams, MIT finished with a time of 14:38.1798. The Engineers reached the first checkpoint at the Riverside Boat Club in 3:18.4 and then passed the Weld Boathouse just under the eight-minute mark. The Cardinal and Gray crossed the third checkpoint with 12:00.6 on the clock before its last push helped it finish seven seconds ahead of Georgetown and Penn for 12th place.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Lightweight 4+:
- MIT secured 15th place as it finished 11 seconds ahead of SUNY Geneseo. The Engineers had a strong first half of the race, reaching the midway point at the Weld Boathouse in 9:24.2. The Cardinal and Gray then went on to cross the finish line in 17:05.
- MIT concludes the fall season at the Foot of the Charles on Sunday, Nov. 12.