- Event: Foot of the Charles
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: The MIT men's lightweight crew team wrapped up its fall season by racing in the Foot of the Charles on Saturday. Competing against many heavyweight squads, the Engineers' B4+ was 20th overall while their A4+ was 24th. In addition, MIT's 8+ ranked 17th overall in a field of 22 entries.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Racing in cold conditions with a 10-15 mile per hour northwest headwind, MIT's "B" boat placed third among the lightweight entries and 20th overall with a time of 14:42.8. The Engineers' "A" boat finished 17 seconds later to rank sixth among the lightweights and 24th overall. MIT's 8+logged a time of 13:55.4 to place seventh versus the lightweights and 17th overall.
- MIT returns to the water on Saturday, March 31 when it competes in the two-day San Diego Crew Classic.