Men's Tennis Blanks Salem State, 9-0
March 9, 2007
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - In its inaugural meeting with Salem State College, the MIT men's tennis team defeated the visiting Vikings, 9-0, on Thursday. The Engineers remained undefeated this season as they posted their fourth consecutive win.
Michael Price and Vinith Misra posted an 8-1 decision in their No. 3 doubles match while Thomas Dohlman and Peden Nichols collaborated for an 8-2 in the top spot. Melvin Makhni and Mark Egan wrapped up doubles play with an 8-3 victory.
Makhni, Ryan Castonia, and Misra notched scores of 6-0, 6-1 in each of their singles matches while Price reversed the trend in the No. 4 position with a 6-1, 6-0 win. Egan had a solid performance in the No. 1 slot as he defeated his opponent, 6-3, 6-4. Nichols' capped the match with a 6-4, 6-1 victory in the No. 3 spot.
Salem State College vs. MIT
Final Team Score: MIT 9, Salem State 0
1. Thomas Dohlman/Peden Nichols (M) def. Malosse/Thomas (S), 8-2
2. Melvin Makhni/Mark Egan (M) def. Goldberg/Watson (S), 8-3
3. Michael Price/Vinith Misra (M) def. Lozzi/Semekant (S), 8-1
1. Mark Egan (M) def. Walosse (S), 6-3, 6-4
2. Melvin Makhni (M) def. Goldberg (S), 6-0, 6-1
3. Peden Nichols (M) def. Watson (S), 6-1, 6-0
4. Michael Price (M) def. Thomas (S), 6-1, 6-0
5. Ryan Castonia (M) def. Lozzi (S), 6-0, 6-1
6. Vinith Misra (M) def. Suciu (S), 6-0, 6-1