April 16, 2006
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - Rookie Ryan Castonia won his second consecutive singles match and teamed up with Rajat Bhalla to clinch the doubles point in MIT's 6-1 victory over NEWMAC foe Clark University on Wednesday. The win keeps the Engineers (8-1, 3-0 NEWMAC) in a tie atop the conference standings. Castonia posted a 6-1, 6-1 decision in the No. 5 singles spot and collaborated with Bhalla for an 8-4 win at No. 3 doubles.
Evan Tindell and Thomas Dohlman quickly defeated Anuj Ladha and Nikola Milinkovic, 8-1, as Eric Beren and Mark Egan swept the doubles matches with an 8-4 decision. Tindell continued to cruise in singles play, by blanking Ladha, 6-0, 6-0. Dohlman and Beren both won their opening sets by a 6-3 margin, and wrapped up their matches with scores of 6-2, and 6-0, respectively. Egan recorded a 6-1, 6-2 decision in the No. 4 slot while Bhalla lost, 6-2, 6-0, in the final singles spot.
MIT vs. Clark University
Final Team Score: MIT 6, Clark 1
1. Thomas Dohlman/Evan Tindell (M) def. Anuj Ladha/Nikola Milinkovic (C) 8-1
2. Eric Beren/Mark Egan (M) def. Ari Robkin/Adam Bisceglia (C) 8-4
3. Ryan Castonia/Rajat Bhalla (M) def. Brian Brown/Josh Winer (C) 8-4
1. Evan Tindell (M) def. Anuj Ladha (C) 6-0, 6-0
2. Thomas Dohlman (M) def. Adam Bisceglia (C) 6-3, 6-2
3. Eric Beren (M) def. Nikola Milinkovic (C) 6-3, 6-0
4. Mark Egan (M) def. Ari Robkin (C) 6-1, 6-2
5. Ryan Castonia (M) def. Allan Breed (C) 6-1, 6-1
6. Ben Gross (C) def. Rajat Bhalla (M) 6-2, 6-0