- Location: Williamstown, Mass. (Lee Track at the Weston Athletic Complex)
- The Lead: On day two overall of the New England Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championship, the MIT men's team compiled 34 points to lead No. 18 ranked and second-place Williams College into the meet's final day on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers compiled 29 points in the 10,000 meters to cap off the evening as sophomore Dennis Maloney (New Albany, Ohio) led a 1-4 MIT sweep in a time of 31:44.43. Junior Alex Knoedler (Canon City, Colo.) placed second at 31:44.45, followed by graduate student Matthew Deyo (Syracuse, N.Y.) in third at 31.44.65 and sophomore Daniel Weiss (Naperville, Ill.) at fourth in a time of 31:46.73.
- In the hammer throw, sophomore Jon Fakkema (Blaine, Wash.) was fourth overall as he threw 165 feet on his final throw to earn five points for the Engineers.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, May 6th as the Engineers travel to the final day of the New England Division III Championship at Williams College beginning at 10 a.m.