- Location: Boston, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: In the MIT vs. Boston College Cup regatta on Sunday, the MIT openweight women's crew team defeated the Eagles for the first time 2012 as the Engineers led BC from start to finish. The event was rescheduled from Saturday due to the storm that affected the area.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the Varsity 8 race, the Engineers claimed the MIT vs. Boston College Cup with the nearly nine-second victory over the Eagles. MIT led BC throughout the event to cross in 7:13.9, followed by the Eagles in a time of 7:22.7. The BU lightweight crew crossed first in the race, pulling away over the final 500 meters to finish in 7:08.
- The MIT Varsity 4 boat was third in a time of 9:31.4, while the 2V8 boat placed fourth in 7:52.7. The 2V8 boat was just six seconds out of second as BC won the race in a time of 7:35.8.
- MIT returns to action next weekend as the Engineers travel to the George Washington University Invite, which will take place April 6th-8th on the Potomac River in Washington, D.C.