- Location: Camden County, N.J. (Cooper River)
- The Lead: At the 2017 Patriot League Championship on Friday on the Cooper River as the Engineers totaled 33 points to place just three points out of third. On the day, all three MIT boats advanced to the grand final. In addition to the team finish, MIT head coach Holly Metcalf was voted as the Patriot League Coach of the Year.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the varsity 8 competition, MIT advanced to the grand final as the Engineers finished second in heat one with a time of 7:11.352. In the grand final, the Engineers crossed in third in a time of 7:14.824 as the crew finished just .174 seconds behind runner-up Navy.
- The second varsity 8 boat also earned a spot in the grand final behind a third-place showing in the first heat with a time of 7:36.791. MIT was just over one second behind Georgetown to move onto the final. In the grand final, the MIT crew placed sixth overall, posting a time of 8:02.146.
- MIT moved onto the grand final of the varsity 4 competition as the Engineers placed third in a time of 8:55.850, followed by a sixth-place showing in the grand final at 9:11.549.
1. Navy, 51 pts.
2. Boston U., 46 pts.
3. Georgetown, 36 pts.
4. Bucknell, 34 pts.
5. MIT, 33 pts.
t-6. Lehigh, 26 pts.
t-6. HC, 26 pts.
8. Colgate, 11 pts.
9. Loyola, 7 pts.