- Score: Williams College 16, MIT 7
- Records: MIT (4-4); Williams College (4-3)
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. (Stewart Field)
- The Lead: The MIT women's lacrosse team closed its spring training trip to Colorado with a 16-7 loss to Massachusetts foe Williams College on Tuesday afternoon. The Engineers were paced by junior Emily Young (La Jolla, Calif.) who posted three goals and two assists in addition to three draw controls and two groundballs.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Williams outscored MIT, 6-1, during the first 15 minutes of the game. Back-to-back goals by sophomore Ana Flooks (Weston, Conn.) just 1:18 apart helped the Engineers narrow the gap to 6-3 with 12:21 on the clock. The Ephs countered with three straight goals to close out the first half.
- After trading goals to start the second stanza, Williams put together a 6-2 run that increased its advantage to 16-6 with 2:47 left to play. MIT provided the final goal of the day when sophomore Cecilia McCormick (Islip, N.Y.) connected on a feed from junior Ashley Masucci (Windham, N.H.).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Senior Hannah Levy (Yardley, Pa.) bolstered the Engineers' attack with a second-half free-position goal while Masucci contributed three groundballs and two draw controls. Senior Erica Green (Ivyland, Pa.) chipped in three groundballs as junior Jack Simmons (Houston, Texas) posted four groundballs and three draw controls. In net, junior goalie Eva Boal (Princeton Junction, N.J.) totaled 11 saves and two groundballs.
- Williams finished with advantages in shots (39-17), draw controls (15-10), and groundballs (24-20) while committing two less turnovers than the Cardinal and Gray (18-16).
- MIT resumes NEWMAC action on Saturday, April 1 when it hosts Springfield College at 1:00 p.m.