- No. 21 Brandeis 6, No. 17 MIT 3
- Location: Cambridge, Mass.
- The Lead: Taking a 2-1 lead into doubles play on Saturday, the No. 21 ranked Brandeis University women's tennis team defeated No. 17 MIT by a 6-3 final in non-conference action. The Engineers fall to 10-1 overall on the season in the loss, while the Judges improve to 5-1 on the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In doubles action, the Judges took a 2-1 edge with wins at No. 1 and 3, while junior Dora Tzeng (Fremont, Calif.) and sophomore Kelly Zhu (Pearland, Texas) took home a convincing 8-1 victory in No. 2 doubles on Saturday.
- In singles play, the Judges took the top three spots before junior Sonya Das (Arden Hills, Minn.) claimed the No. 4 singles point with a straight-set, 6-4, 6-4 win over Olivia Leavitt. The final MIT singles point came from junior Rena Liu (Oak Hill, Va.), who won by a final of 6-4, 6-1 over Ariana Ishaq.
- MIT is back in action on March 26th as the Engineers take on Gustavus Adolphus in a match that is taking place in Claremont, Calif.