- No. 8 Bowdoin 9, No. 22 MIT 0
- Records: MIT (12-8), Bowdoin (13-4)
- Location: Brunswick, Maine (Pickard Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: On Saturday afternoon in Maine, the No. 22 ranked MIT women's tennis team fell to No. 8 Bowdoin by a 9-0 final to wrap up the regular-season schedule for the spring. MIT returns to action in the NCAA Championship after winning the NEWMAC Tournament in the fall.
This marks the seventh top-10 opponent for the Engineers this spring and the 10th nationally-ranked opponent in a row.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Bowdoin took a 3-0 lead in doubles action, including an 8-6 margin at No. 2 doubles as junior Sonya Das (Arden Hills, Mich.) and freshman Serena Le (Aiea, Hawaii) dropped the narrow final to Tess Trinka and Tasha Christ. In the singles matches, the Polar Bears took all six by a straight-set margin, including 6-4-6-3 for Sam Stalder over Das at the No. 3 singles position.
- MIT will return to action in the 2017 NCAA Division III Tournament as that field will be announced in the coming weeks.