- Location: Williamstown, Mass. (Lee Track at the Weston Athletic Complex)
- The Lead: Led by wins from juniors Nneoma Okonkwo (Lagos, Nigeria) and Mary Eccles (Wahaiwa, Hawaii), the No. 7 ranked MIT women's track team leads second-place and No. 3 ranked Williams College after day two of the New England Division III Championship at Williams College.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Okonkwo posted a leap of 19 feet, 3.25 inches to win the New England D3 Championship and rank fourth in the nation with her jump that won the meet by six inches. In addition, this was the second-longest jump in MIT history. Eccles also picked up 10 points in the 10,000 meters and was No. 14 in the country as she captured that event by a 24-second margin in a time of 36:07.96 to pace three Engineers in the event.
- Sophomore Bailee Margolis (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) crossed in fifth in the 10K at 38:24.95, followed by sophomore Darby LaPlant Santa Clarita, Calif.) in sixth with a time of 38:28.99. Junior Haley Strouf (Rice Lake, Wisc.) placed third in the long jump with a leap of 18 feet, 7.25 inches, which ranks her 19th in the country.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, May 6th as the Engineers travel to the final day of the New England Division III Championship at Williams College beginning at 10 a.m.