- Event: Head of the Charles Regatta
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: The MIT men's lightweight crew team made its 2019-20 debut at the Head of the Charles this past weekend. Competing in boats comprised of mostly first-years and sophomores, the Engineers saw the Club 8+ rank 28th on Saturday while the Lightweight 4+ and Lightweight 8+ placed 14th and 15th, respectively, on Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Club 8+
- In a crowded field of 39 entries, which also included heavyweight boats, MIT finished 28th with a time of 16:28.040. The Engineers reached the Riverside Boat Club in 3:46.597 and then passed the Weld Boathouse just over the nine-minute mark. MIT crossed the Cambridge Boat Club checkpoint in 13:37.890 before reaching the finish line 2:50.15 later.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Lightweight 4+:
- MIT secured 14th place as it reached the Riverside Boat Club in 3:53.26, passed the Weld Boathouse in 9:34.538*, and crossed the Cambridge Boat Club checkpoint in 14:27.09 before breaking the finish line in 17:28.090.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Lightweight 8+:
- In a field of 17 teams, MIT finished with a time of 15:02.454 as it held off Mercyhurst by 2.3 seconds and finished 13 seconds ahead of Temple.
- MIT returns to the water on Saturday, Nov. 9 when it competes in the Pairs Race on the Charles River.