- Score: Brandeis University 2, MIT 0
- Records: MIT (4-1-4); Brandeis University (5-2-3)
- Location: Waltham, Mass. (Gordon Field)
- The Lead: Brandeis University handed the MIT men's soccer team its first loss of 2019 as the Judges topped the Engineers by a 2-0 final on Tuesday evening in Waltham.
- 33rd minute (32:14) - Will DeNight scored his first goal of the game and fourth of the season off a feed from Jake Davis that gave Brandeis a 1-0 edge.
- 72nd minute (71:09) - DeNight added an insurance goal as he rocketed the ball into the back of the net from outside the 18 yard box.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT came into tonight's match ranked tenth in the latest United Soccer Coaches Division III New England regional poll.
- Brandeis outshot MIT by a 22-10 margin and the Judges held a 6-2 edge in corner kicks.
- MIT keeper Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) moved to 4-1-4 this fall with a season-high eight saves, just one shy of his career high. Greg Irwin (5-2-3) made a trio of saves for the Judges in the win.
- MIT returns to New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action on Saturday, October 5 with a road match at Babson College which is slated to begin at 1:00 pm in Wellesley.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.