- Score: MIT 1, Babson College 1 (2OT)
- Records: MIT (4-1-5, 1-0-2 NEWMAC); Babson College (5-4-2, 1-0-2 NEWMAC)
- Location: Babson Park, Mass. (Hartwell-Rogers Field)
- The Lead: MIT senior goalkeeper Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) made a career-high 13 saves as the Engineers and Babson College played to a 1-1 double overtime draw in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action on Saturday afternoon.
- 26th minute (25:30) - MIT used its only shot of the first half to take a 1-0 lead as first-year Hendrik Mayer (Montville, N.J.) rocketed the ball into the top left corner of the net off a pass from classmate Will Seiple (Boulder, Colo.). Mayer's goal marked the first of his collegiate career.
- 71st minute (70:06) - Babson knotted the game up with less than 20 minutes to play in regulation Noah Labelle finished a pass from Ben Holman.
- Overtime: Neither team could find the back of the net in the 20 minutes of extra time however MIT's best chance to end the match came in the 106th minute when Seiple drilled the ball from 30 yards out forcing Babson keeper Steven Heintzelman to punch it over the crossbar.
- Five of Cowham's 13 saves on the day came in the overtime periods.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT came into today's match ranked tenth in the latest United Soccer Coaches Division III New England regional poll.
- MIT has now played to a draw in five matches this season (4-1-5) which ties the program record set by the 2017 Engineers.
- Cowham's 13 saves set a new career-high for the senior as his record pushed to 4-1-5 this fall. Heintzelman (3-3-2) made a pair of saves for Babson.
- Babson outshot MIT by a 31-4 margin and held a 9-3 advantage in corner kicks. The draw today marked the sixth in the all-time series between MIT and Babson, which dates back to 1976.
- MIT is scheduled to play Bridgewater State University on the road on Wednesday, October 9 in a non-conference match at 3:30 pm.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.