- Score: MIT 2, Springfield College 1 (OT)
- Records: MIT (6-1-5, 2-0-2 NEWMAC); Springfield College (3-9-1, 1-3- NEWMAC)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Jack Barry Field)
- The Lead: Senior Ivan Jutamulia (Berkeley, Calif.) scored both goals for the Engineers today as MIT came back from a one goal deficit to defeat Springfield College, 2-1, in overtime in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match on Jack Barry Field this afternoon.
- 71st minute (70:52) - After 70 minutes of scoreless action, Springfield's Jaxon Tamulaites broke the 0-0 ties as he finished a cross from Ian Macala and chipped the ball into the left side of the net for the 1-0 advantage.
- 84th minute (83:49) - Jutamulia scored the equalizer for MIT and his first goal of the season as he received a pass from first-year Will Seiple (Boulder, Colo.) and belted the ball into the lower left corner of the net. Jutamulia's goal eventually led to an overtime session for the Engineers, their sixth overtime match of the season.
- 97th minute (96:10) - Jutamulia secured the 2-1 overtime win for MIT as he raced down the right side of the field, cut towards the middle and buried a shot inside the right post for his second goal of the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT held a 23-14 advantage in shots and an 8-3 edge in corner kicks.
- Jutamulia's pair of goals marked the first two of the season and for the third time in his career scored two goals in a single game. With an assist in today's game, Seiple now leads the Engineers with three helpers this season.
- Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) picked up the win (6-1-5) in net for MIT as he stopped the ball three times in 96:10 minutes, while Chris Prizio (1-4-0) took the loss with three saves over the final 51:10 of the game. Clayton Knibbs got the start for the Pride and made three saves in the first half.
- Today's win over Springfield was the first for MIT in the all-time series since 2015 as the Pride had won the previous three meetings between the clubs.
- MIT steps out of NEWMAC play with a home match against Gordon College on Wednesday
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.