- Score: Emerson College 2, MIT 0
- Records: MIT (7-4-6, 2-3-2 NEWMAC); Emerson College (3-11-2, 1-6-0 NEWMAC)
- Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
- The Lead: In the regular season finale for both teams, Emerson College defeated the MIT men's soccer team by a 2-0 final. Despite the result for the Engineers, thanks to losses by both Coast Guard and Springfield today, MIT will be the fifth seed for the upcoming New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Tournament.
- 3rd minute (2:38) - In just the third minute of action, Emerson took a 1-0 advantage as Jamal Thompson finished a pass from Aidan Ferguson for his first goal of the season.
- 68th minute (67:47) - Emerson doubled its lead midway through the second half as Jeff Pratt notched his first goal of the year off a pass from Arturo Ruiz.
- MIT nearly received a goal from first-year Will Seiple (Boulder, Colo.), but his three shots in a span of four minutes early in the opening half all ricocheted off the post and back into play.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT held a 15-9 advantage in shots, while Emerson was awarded with four corner kicks on the day.
- MIT keeper Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.) took the loss (7-4-6) with three saves in net for the Engineers, while Emerson keeper David Kemp (3-9-2) earned the win with five stops for the hosts.
- The loss gave MIT the fifth seed in the 2019 NEWMAC Tournament as the Engineers will be making their 21st appearance in the NEWMAC playoffs. MIT is 14-16-4 all-time in the NEWMAC Tournament and Tuesday's matchup will be the fifth postseason meeting between the Engineers and the Cougars.
- MIT, the fifth seed for the NEWMAC Tournament, will travel to fourth-seeded Clark University on Tuesday, November 5 at 7:00 pm for a first-round matchup. This will be a rematch of the 2017 first round game which saw the Cougars edge the Engineers in penalty kicks.