No. 17 MIT 9, Boston University 0
No. 17 MIT 9, Boston College 0
- Records: No. 17 MIT (2-0); Boston University (0-1); Boston College (0-1)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center)
- The Lead: The No. 17 ranked MIT squash team opened its season with a pair of wins over Boston University and Boston College on Friday evening in Cambridge.
HOW IT HAPPENED vs. Boston University:
- The Engineers won all nine matches in three sets as MIT earned its first win of the 2019-20 campaign. In their first collegiate matches, first-year Eli Kramer (Brooklyn, N.Y.) defeated Frederick Haab 11-5, 11-4, 11-5, Matt McManus (Philadelphia, Pa.) topped Shrey Shah 11-3, 11-2, 11-0 and Vincent Wang (Bellevue, Wash.) beat Ryley Thompson 11-5, 11-3, 11-4.
- At the top of the ladder, Joe O'Connor (Kennebunkport, Maine) swept Hunter Chun 11-7, 11-7, 11-2 and Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) eased by Stefano Viacava 11-4, 11-0, 11-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED vs. Boston College:
- At position number one, O'Connor played the closest contest of the match as he edged Ari Sondhi in five sets by scores of 9-11, 11-5, 10-12, 11-9, 11-4.
- The remaining eight matchups were decided in straight sets all in favor of the Engineers. McManus and Wang held their opponents to the fewest number of points as McManus topped James Stevenson by an 11-0, 11-1, 11-4 score at position six and Wang defeated Sean Curran 11-1, 11-1, 11-0 at position nine.
- MIT will host Northeastern University on Tuesday, November 12 at 6:00 pm in its final home match of November.