- Score: No. 12 Franklin & Marshall 7, No. 16 MIT 2
- Records: No. 16 MIT (4-2); No. 12 Franklin & Marshall (5-2)
- Location: Lancaster, Pa. (Mayser Squash Courts)
- The Lead: The No. 17 ranked MIT squash team fell to No. 12 Franklin & Marshall on Saturday afternoon, 7-2. MIT received wins by Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) and Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) at positions two and three, respectively, in the match.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sanger swept Aryan Parekh, 11-5, 11-9, 11-2 and Martin defeated Shams Abbas, 11-8, 8-11, 13-11, 11-3 to account for the two MIT points today.
- MIT junior William Wu (Eagleville, Pa.) had a two set lead at position six against Raunak Advani, but Advani came back to win the point 14-16, 7-11, 11-9, 11-5, 11-8 for Franklin & Marshall.
- Franklin & Marshall took points at positions one, four, seven, eight and nine in three-set sweeps.
- At position five, MIT senior Vedaant Paul Kukadia (Manhasset, N.Y.) battled with Boden Polikoff, but it was Polikoff who came out with the win, 11-7, 11-9, 8-11, 11-7.
- MIT will head back to the U.S. Naval Academy tomorrow for a pair of matches with Bucknell University and Denison University beginning at 9:30 am before the Engineers head back to Cambridge.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
No. 17 Squash Falls to No. 12 Franklin & Marshall, 7-2