- Location: Tom Sawyer Park (Louisville, Ky.)
- The Lead: On Saturday at the Greater Louisville Classic, the No. 11 ranked MIT men's cross country team placed fourth out of 40 teams in the Silver race with a total of 144 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers defeated eight nationally-ranked teams in the Silver race as sophomore Andrew Mah (Newton, Mass.) finished 10th in a time of 24:44.65. First-year Sanjay Raman (Seattle, Wash.) finished 17th at 24:51.74, followed by first-year Cameron Kleiman (Austin, Texas) in 20th in a time of 24:53.09.
- Junior Finn Jacobson-Schulte (Lakeville, Minn.) was the fourth in Engineer in 47th place at 25:19.53, along with senior Steven Goldy (Centennial, Colo.) as the final scorer in 50th place at 25:21.88.
- In the Blue Race, sophomore Ryan Wilson (Redwood City, Calif.) was 15th out of 515 runners with a time of 25:04.3, while first-year Vedang Lad (Plainsboro, N.J.) was 31st in 25:20.3 and sophomore Zach Johnson (La Crescenta, Calif.) crossed in 53rd place in a time of 25:40.6.
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, October 19th as the Engineers travel to Harkness Park in Watertown, Conn. for the 2019 Connecticut College Invitational.