- Location: Sacramento, Calif. (Lake Natoma)
- The Lead: At the IRA National Championship in California, the MIT women's lightweight crew team placed seventh in the Grand Finals of the V8, V4 and 2x races on Lake Natoma.
A LOOK INSIDE THE RACES:
- In the Grand Final for the V8, MIT finished seventh as the Engineers crossed in a time of 7:06.993. In the heat on Saturday, the Engineers placed seventh with a final time of 6:59.541.
- For the Varsity 4, MIT was seventh in the Grand Final on Sunday in 7:57.789. The Engineers placed seventh in Saturday's heat as well, crossing in 7:49.408 to finish behind Princeton University.
- In the 2x, junior Megan Diehl (Tai Tam, Hong Kong) and first-year Ines Pinilla (Miami, Fla.) placed seventh in the Grand Final. In the final, the duo crossed in 8:30.386 after posting a time of 8:20.896 on Saturday.
- The MIT Varsity 8 boat is currently ranked No. 6 nationally in the IRA/USRowing Varsity Eight Coaches Poll as the Engineers are tied in the poll with the University of Wisconsin.