- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Lake Quinsigamond)
- The Lead: For the second straight season, the MIT Novice 8 boat captured the Quinsigamond Snake Regatta on Saturday morning on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester. Both the Novice 8 and Novice 4 boats were comprised of first-year athletes.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the Novice 4 race, the Engineers had a great race and finished in second out of six boats with a time of 21:23.9. Holy Cross won the race, while MIT defeated Middlebury, Vermont, New Hampshire and Assumption College.
- The Engineers dominated the Novice 8 event as MIT crossed in 16:50.6 to win the event by two minutes and 40 seconds and improve upon last year's performance. Holy Cross was second as MIT also defeated WPI, Clark, New Hampshire, Middlebury, Vermont, Simmons and Johnson & Wales.
- MIT returns to action on October 19-20 as the Engineers compete at the Head of the Charles.