- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
- The Lead: At the 2019 Head of the Charles, the MIT women's openweight crew team placed in the top 10 in both the women's club eights race on Saturday and the women's club singles event on Sunday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the women's club eights race on a sunny Saturday afternoon, the Engineers finished in 10th overall with a time of 17:17.285. MIT passed Riverside in 4:02.765, along with a time of 9:33.429 at the Weld Boathouse and 14:22.883 at CBC. The eights boat featured a lineup of five first-year student-athletes, two sophomores and two juniors.
- On Sunday morning, first-year Portia Gaitskell (Barrington, R.I.) finished sixth in the women's club singles race in a time of 21:05.676. Gaitskell passed Riverside in 4:56.857, along with a time of 11:45.022 at the Weld Boathouse as she maintained sixth place throughout the race.
1: Portia Gaitskell
- MIT wraps up the fall racing season on Saturday, October 26th at the Head of the Fish in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.