- Score: MIT 2, Springfield College 0
- Records: MIT (11-4, 7-1 NEWMAC); Springfield (10-7, 4-4 NEWMAC)
- Location: Springfield, Mass. (Stagg Field)
- The Lead: Two first-half goals by junior Amanda Garofalo (Fairfield, N.J.) coupled with a strong defensive outing helped the MIT field hockey team close out the regular season with a 2-0 victory at NEWMAC foe Springfield College on Saturday afternoon.
- 4th Minute (3:05) – MIT 1, Springfield 0: Garofalo redirected a feed from senior Devon Goetz (Rockville, Md.).
- 26th Minute (25:22) – MIT 2, Springfield 0: Junior Jennah Haque (Bethesda, Md.) sent a centering pass along the end line to Garofalo who finished on the back post.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) collected eight save en route to her second shutout of the season and the 12th of her career.
- MIT had the upper hand in shots (16-15), shots on goal (14-8), and penalty corners (8-4).
- As the No.2 seed in the NEWMAC Championship Tournament, MIT returns to action on Thursday, Nov. 7 when it hosts either No. 3 WPI or No. 6 Mount Holyoke College in the semifinals.