- Score: No. 17 MIT 9, Clark 0
- Records: MIT (6-0, 6-0 NEWMAC); Clark (5-5, 1-4 NEWMAC)
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: In NEWMAC action on Tuesday afternoon, the No. 17 MIT women's tennis team stayed unbeaten as the Engineers shut out Clark by a 9-0 final in Worcester, Mass. The Engineers are alone in first place in the conference standings through six league matches.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers seized control with a 3-0 showing in doubles action as MIT picked up 8-0 victories at the No. 2 and No. 3 doubles spots.
- In singles play, MIT swept as the Engineers earned six straight-set wins and three by 6-0, 6-0 finals. Picking up 6-0, 6-0 wins was NEWMAC Player of the Week freshman Lara Rakocevic (Portland, Ore.), freshman Sharlene Song (Arcadia, Calif.) and freshman Serena Le (Aiea, Hawaii) in the No. 3, 4 and 5 spots.
- Junior captain Dora Tzeng (Fremont, Calif.) was also again solid at the No. 1 spot as she picked up a 6-2, 6-0 straight-set win for MIT.
- MIT is back in action at home on Saturday, October 1st as the Engineers host Wheaton at 11 a.m. and Smith for a 3 p.m. start.