- No. 20 MIT 6, Gustavus Adolphus 3
- Records: MIT (11-1), Gustavus Adolphus (11-2)
- Location: Claremont Calif. (Claremont Club)
- The Lead: In the first match of the team's spring break trip, the No. 20 ranked MIT women's tennis team picked up a 6-3 win over No. 35 ranked Gustavus Adolphus in a match that was played at the Claremont Club in California.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Engineers picked up wins in two of the three doubles matches, including a convincing 8-3 win at the No. 1 position from junior Dora Tzeng (Fremont, Calif.) and sophomore Kelly Zhu (Pearland, Texas).
- In singles play, MIT picked up four wins and two by straight sets at the No. 1 and No. 6 spots. Tzeng defeated Michaela Schulz 6-2, 6-1 at No. 1 singles, while junior Rena Liu (Oak Hill, Va.) posted a 6-2, 6-1 victory over Lilly Hartman at No. 6. Zhu rebounded at the No. 2 position after dropping the first set 6-2 as she earned 6-0, 6-3 wins over the last two sets to pick up the point.
- MIT is back in action on March 28th and 29th as the Engineers take on No. 4 Pomona-Pitzer and No. 5 Claremont-Mudd Scripps in Claremont, Calif.